Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Skateboards: The Unknown Danger

I was skating to the 7-11 that is all of 1 block from my condo tonight. Mind you, I have been using a longboard for years now. I'm no Tony Hawk, but I can usually get to my destination on said longboard without too much of a problem.

But not tonight.

Somehow, my peddling got a bit too excited and my body gained too much momentum and I found myself moving faster than the board beneath my feet. As you might have by now assumed, this means that I surpassed the 45 degree [estimate] point and my board stayed at the pace I was previously moving (better read as: my board was moving at X speed and my body was moving at Y speed, where Y= very fast and X= not very fast).

Needless to say...I hit the pavement, did a stuntman roll, and lost some (read: a lot) of my epidermal layer.

Now I'm bandaged up like the Invisible Man when he's wanting to be seen by others.

Case in point:

Remind me to never join the X-Games.

P.S. I know it says "PANTIES" on the computer screen behind my aching hand, but I promise I was just reading a webcomic that has some strange links to other (more bizarre) webcomics. The first person who tries to be witty and makes a joke about my web-surfing destinations gets a slap in the face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.... PAAAAAAANTIEEEEES!!!

...go ahead... slap me. I dare you.

generated by sloganizer.net