Friday, January 18, 2008

Movie Reviews, A Plea for Old Work, and New Art!

Alright boys and girls, Grant's Homage to Sarah Brown's Cringe is still taking place so send stuff in! If you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, see the post below.

But in the meantime, here are some movie reviews of recent films I've seen so you can base all your movie rentals on my opinion. Since my opinion is so important.

Sweeny Todd
Do you like Tim Burton? Johnny Depp? Helena Bonham Carter? Morbid, dark, violent musicals? Then this film is for you! Seriously, even if you aren't really into musicals, this movie is genius. Sure it's a "remake," but it hits every important detail from amazing visuals to an intriguing plot to cutting lyrics to visceral killings.

Zodiac
I didn't know much about the Zodiac killer and definitely didn't know any sort of work on him was still being done up until a few years ago. This film was an interesting semi-history lesson packaged with some great crime/thriller motifs. It's from the director of Se7en so how bad can it be? Good acting and a decent film all around.

Eastern Promises
Fantastically acted film about the Russian mob in London. Didn't know the Russian mob worked in London? Well now you know. So see the film to get the down-low on prostitution, prison tattoos, and how one should protect him/herself if ever caught in a naked fight to the death.
The Borne Ultimatum
If you liked the first couple films, this one is a must. It was a great film that keeps you wondering what kind of crazy action scene will take place next. And if you're into film making details, the extras show how they got away with some pretty incredible stunts. A couple ethical dilemmas aside, there's not much depth, but a fun film nonetheless.

Hmm...I seem to be out of films. But I'm sure I'll remember something later. As for now, I should be asleep due to a final tomorrow. Until next time.

P.S. Thanks to Christina's friend John and a little graphic novel called Transmetropolitan (loosely based on a Hunter S. Thompson type character (therefore right up my alley)) I have begun drawing again. Here's the first serious thing I've drawn in a very long time:



4 comments:

-Aaron- said...

I've come to the consensus that you should watch more happy films.

Perhaps. Just a suggestion.

In other news, i hope to send a "Tribute to Cringe" piece soon. ...like as soon as i can get back into my house or something.

-Aaron- said...

Ok, so it is taking a long time for me to get back into my house.

Aaron said...

Hi Grunk! Hi! Hi from Borneo! Come visit!

Aro

Grant said...

Oooh! Ok! Wait, no, I have school. Dang it!

generated by sloganizer.net