Wednesday, September 22, 2004



In Honor of Ed...

I was reminded today that I have had this site for over 3 years now. 3 years! That's a long time. When I started:

I was about to turn 19........................now I'm about to turn 22.
I was a lowly freshmen.......................now I'm about to graduate.
I was in a horrible relationship...........now I couldn't ask for a better one.
I didn't play any instruments..............now I have 3 years bass experience.
I lived in the dorms............................now I live in a house.

etc....etc....etc.....

So in honor of 3 years of rambling...here's a story about drugs:

Two guys walk into *bucks. But there's no punch line here. These guys show up around 4:15am. We're not even open yet, just setting up. The second we open they come in, hyper as can be. I thought they were off to some meeting or maybe on a business trip and had to fly out early. But they wouldn't leave. They both immediately used the restroom and downed a couple cups of coffee.

That's when it dawned on me. They were high.

They were touching everything, talking a mile a minute, sweating profusely, pacing, twitching, and seriously invading everyone's personal space. They were drinking tons of water, explaining that they hadn't slept all night, rambling about crashing and needing more coffee, and...generally...annoying everyone.

Ah methamphetamines.

After they used the restroom about 4 more times a piece it dawned on me that they were snorting/shooting up in there. They stayed for about 7 hours. They sat at a table outside and went over script ideas. As I went to empty the trash I could overhear little bits of their conversation/script ideas:

I don't like women....but I like girls. I don't like women...but I like girls. I don’t like women...

Apparently, the night before, one of them got engaged and was accepted into the screen actors guild.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net