Saturday, May 21, 2005



Confusion Amongst Perfection

I had 10 minutes before I had to head over to Chapman to get in order to graduate. I checked the mail and had one letter addressed to me. From Talbot. It was a small letter, not the big ones you get from universities when you are accepted. I opened it and due to the three way fold could simply see "Dear Grant,". I paused, caught my breath, and then flipped the page over and saw, "We are pleased to announce."

That was all I needed to see.

I sat in an air conditioned room in seat N1 for over an hour before sitting in 90 degree sun for 3 hours. I smiled some fake smiles, joked about people's unfortunate last names (Chism...I'm sorry), received a Padfolio, and got a piece of paper that means nothing because I guess I have to prove that I passed my classes before I get anything real.

I met with the rest of the Parachutes and received a bus stop sign from Sherbert. We discussed our gig at the House of Blues on Sunset Strip next month and attempted to give Max Weinberg a demo CD.

I had dinner with Naomi's family, had four glasses of wine, felt nothing, missed a graduation party that ended at 10.

I'm now attempting to go to an all night bowling place to finish off the day.

So now I know my next step even if I really don't and I know where I'm headed even though I don't and I have a plan even though I don't. I shake hands, give hugs, smile too much, pose for pictures, and explain my future plans even though I have none.

Looks like life's not that simple.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net