Tuesday, June 14, 2005



All Are One....heh

I'm still confused by the fact that I can now tell people, "I've played at the House of Blues." Sure I'll leave out the part where we didn't play on the main stage, but we played the HOB nonetheless.

We showed up a couple hours early and were stressed over getting in one band member (who was only playing the shaker) and one band member's brother (who was turning 19 that day) into a strictly 21 and up VIP room. Turns out all we had to do was cross our fingers and have them stick their wrists out and say, "We're in the band." In the end we had 6 people with artist wristbands on, though we only had 4 people in the band.

They led us to a posh lounge that was only for the musicians where we had free food and drinks. Mark Broussard (I'm not taking the time to look up how to really spell his name) was in the room next to us having a much fancier dinner with much fancier drinks.

We set up, played our hardest, and packed up. We had a really good number of people show up despite a huge amount of people being turned away due to the age restriction. I guess, as Aron put it, bellydancers + alcohol = shenanigans. I guess the under 21 crowd is not allowed to be exposed to the drunken cavorting that took place by the end of the night.

Everyone keeps asking me, "Wait...your fourth show ever with the band was at the House of Blues, and your next three shows are at the Hard Rock Cafe in Beverly Hills and on the Universal Citywalk? HOW?" All I can do is shrug my shoulders and say, "I don't know, but I'm not questioning it."

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net