Thursday, July 20, 2006



Thursday of the Fifteenth Week of Ordinary Time

I completely forgot to post results from the last Poll of the Week (or PW as the cool kids call it...the cool kids who aren't from the midwest or the south who know those initials as the infamous Piggily Wiggily), so here they are:

Which of These is Not True (results)

1- First alcoholic drink was at age 19 (0 votes)
--I guess everyone either thinks I was a lush at an early age, or was a relatively late bloomer. Either way, this is true.

2- I was almost named miles (2 votes)
--Though you might like to think that my parents would not bestow such a name upon me, it's true...I was almost Miles Paige.

3- I couldn't whistle or snap until about age 18 (3 votes)
--Thanks to the three of you who thought that I would have been more talented by that age to have acquired such skills, but this is true. Luckily I can now whistle, and have even been given the nickname "snappy" due to excessive snapping at times.

4- I used to have a comb-over (2 votes)
--Thanks for the vote of confidence folks, but it's true, I used to sport that atrocious hairstyle with a part on one side and a slight pompadour thing on the other but not so much in the greaser style. Oh man was I stylin.

5- I got straight A's until college (3 votes)
--The three of you either voted for this due to 1) Having heard me tell you before, 2) Thinking that I surely got straight A's even IN college, or 3) Thinking that I'm not too bright and surely got a few B's or maybe D-'s before college. The third grouping would be correct. Math, one of the banes of my existence, thwarted my straight A's in 7th grade. Oh the atrocity!

::
::

And now for something (not) completely different...

Would You Rather Have ________ (results):

1- Three arms (1 vote)
--Upside: Just think of how much you could juggle!
--Downside: Two arms is already hard enough when sleeping, where the heck would the third one go?

2- Three eyes (1 vote)
--Upside: You could probably pass yourself off as some kind of Oracle
--Downside: If you have bad eyes think of the corrective lens cost!

3- Three legs (0 votes)
--Looks like nobody considered the possibility of winning a three legged race every frickin time.

4- Three brains (3 votes)
--Upside: You could pay attention in class AND play Tetris at the same time!
--Downside: Enormous cranium...and probably not too many dates.

5- Three nipples (3 votes)
--Upside: Come on! It's three nipples! Need I say more?
--Downside: Sans a third pectoral muscle, where the heck would it go?

::
::

So what have we learned here? That Grant isn't a super genius and that nipples and brains are better than arms, legs, and eyes.

Now you know, and knowing's half the battle.


No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net