Friday, August 03, 2007


For those of you who didn't know, I didn't exactly like my old job. A laundry list of complaints including, but not exhausted by, such issues as:

-not enough glasses for the restaurant
-not enough silverware for the restaurant
-not enough napkins for the restaurant
-constant shortage of common foods
-ridiculous tips from uncultured (or obstinate) customers
-passive aggressive punishment if one even thinks about a) vacation time, b) time off for medical procedures, c) leaving the restaurant, d) breaking any one of a myriad of unspoken rules one is simply expected to know

So I took the only course of action I could think of to remedy this: quit and join a corporate giant. Huzzah!

I'm now at an upscale fondue place (*leaving out name due to stories of people being fired from corporate jobs as a result of blogging about said jobs) and I'm, to use some 90's slang, stoked.

So...if you're in Brea and have a few hundred dollars to blow between you and your friends, forget rent and utilities, eat some fondue at my restaurant!

Oh, and there are possible job horror stories to come (as a replacement for any blog topic of any real substance). Enjoy!


p.s. Did some layout changes to get my archives back. Looks like I lost all my comments again unless I can figure out a way to get them back. We'll see.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

ConGRANTulations! I hope this new job is more awesome and treats you better than the Gauch. I never understood why you kept working there since you seemed to openly detest it!
The new layout looks nice, except for the missing comments. But why am I at the bottom of the links list?? *sob*

Grant said...

Heh, it also says, "1 sexy people have commented..." if only 1 person does. Oh grammar, how I abuse thee.

Aro...you know I love you (in a completely non-gay way)...I'll change your site's position. Actually, I put you in first and blogger put them in reverse order. Seriously.

generated by sloganizer.net