Tuesday, August 28, 2007



A total eclipse of the suuuuun, er...mooooon!

So you might have heard of the 'double moon' rumor, or the 'mars will be as big as the moon' rumor, or the 'Grant is actually a ninja' rumor, but they're all false. Except maybe the third one. People have been going off about Mars coming so close to the moon that it will be just as large and this only happens once every couple thousands years or so. As far as I can tell with extensive (read: 2 minutes worth) research (read: Google), Mars might be close, but that's not what is in the nights sky tonight. Or so the internets tell me. And the internet is always right. Always.

NASA is saying that what you might have seen is just a total lunar eclipse...which is still pretty dang cool. If we were Mayans a couple thousand years ago we might be sacrificing women and children so the moon gods bring the light back to us. I like to follow tradition, so if you don't hear from me for a few years, I'm hiding out in South America under the alias 'Queso.'

Anyway, here's a horribly unsteady shot of the very beautiful lunar eclipse. I apologize for my tripod-less shot and hopefully you got to see it for yourself.


In other news...a person's head is not a suitable substitute for a tripod. Trust me.


1 comment:

Aaron said...

I can't believe no one told me about this stupid* lunar eclipse thing until it had already happened!
I like seeing the moon do strange things! I mean, isn't that what it's there for??

Thanks for posting a picture at least, so I can at least be amazed by proxy!


*stupid as in amazing

generated by sloganizer.net