Monday, December 15, 2008

The Atlantic was Born Today

There are times when I just want to spill all my feelings out in some public forum for all to see. In years past, this was only possibly through public acts. A person announcing for all to hear their views and beliefs. Today, these are the (often religious) crazies on street corners with cardboard signs and megaphones.

Today we have the blog.

It's strange how, not long ago, a person had to enter the public vicinity and, in a sense, yell their view if they had any hope of more than 10 people understanding how they felt. Today, all it takes is a user name and a password for one to admit to (potentially) thousands (or millions even) of something as mundane as a shopping list or something as important as philosophical beliefs.

I think that the thing that draws people in to this digital yelling-on-a-rooftop is either a) the possible fame that could come from it, or b) the supposed (yet incredibly unlikely) anonymity that comes with posting something online.

I post this blog with a full understanding that nobody might see it, and millions might see it. The internets be warned: I understand the wiles of posting online! And all this is leading up to what? A simple admittance: I love Megan.

I love her with all my heart; and I want anyone and everyone to know. So, if you are one of the few (or many?) who happen upon this site, you have now been subjected to the emotional ramblings of an everyday blogger who expects nothing (yet hopes for everything) from his happenstance readers.

And now? To bed. I'm tired. But I wanted, desperately, to expose my (in my opinion, obvious) feelings to the world. Consider this my shouting-from-the-rooftops without the dangers of falling off and breaking bones.

8 comments:

Aaron said...

awwww... love is a nice thing.

i can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

-Aaron- said...

mush mush mush

great job!

Megan said...

Oh! <3!!

I don't know what else to say...
hopefully that's enough.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

-Aaron- said...

Megan, are those five, wait!, six pairs of boobs?!

Megan said...

Ahhh! No boobies!

Hahaha! Those are hearts!!

Grant said...

Wait, if they are boobies, whose boobies are Megan offering me?

-Aaron- said...

The boobies of the village women, of course!

Megan said...

Hmm... no, I don't think I would offer the village womens' boobies... I offer no boobies on the internets... You never know who might be reading. ;)

generated by sloganizer.net