Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Can I just say...

...I love my friends. And that includes you. Yes, you. I made my last post as a sort of desperate hail-mary. Not that I am going to base major life-changing decisions on comments from a blog; but I was hoping to get insight from someone outside of my immediate situation. To those of you who responded: thank you.

I know I haven't always been the best of friends. Ed, I never make it to your shows (damn this mostly weekend restaurant job). Aro, I'm flaky when it comes to reading scripts/comics and giving advice. Aaron and Kirsten, I have now failed twice to make it to your place to hang out. But despite my downfalls, you all stick by me.

The more I think about it, the more I feel sure that friendship is much more than society/media tells us. Here's how I see real friendship:

Friends Are:

-There when you need them, as well as when you feel you don't; because let's face it, you always need them.

-Those who, despite weeks/months/years passing between visits, feel as if you hung out with them just the other day.

-Willing to tell you that you are being ridiculous/stupid/stubborn even when they know you will temporarily hate them for it. And in the long run, that's part of why you have them around.

-Lifesavers when your life needs saving.

-One of the best parts of life.

Now forgive me for this sappy post. I just wanted to say thank you to all my friends. I am forever grateful for all the love you have bestowed upon me. Hopefully I have made you feel special a couple times as well.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net