Thursday, June 25, 2009

Working with life insurance is strange...

...the conversation basically goes:
Life Insurance Company: Bet you're not gonna die!
Client: Bet you I will!

So I'm pretty much all moved in to my parent's house in San Jose and am going strong in my new job. It's a little bit strange going from starving waiter with dreams of finding a film production job to benefits consultant and insurance broker with dreams of finding a film production job.

Everything is a bit overwhelming right now as I'm trying to learn customer assistance, how to handle claim issues, how to make quotes, how to explain 401k, and get licensed in life/health/accident insurance...all at the same time.

But the truth is, I'm really enjoying where I'm at right now. I still want to thank all of you who gave me advice on this move. All of it was wonderfully helpful and made my decision that much easier. I also want to publicly thank Megan. I'm not sure I know of any significant others who would say, "Oh, we're getting married in a year and you want to move 450miles away from me? Ok!" I would be a mess if it were not for the support of my friends and family.

Other things that are happening: I'm learning Indian culture pretty quickly; I'm reuniting with some old high school friends; I'm eating better than I have in 8 years; and I'm still not used to having nights and weekends free (*shakes fist angrily at 4 years of working in the restaurant industry*).

I'll try to keep things updated here for anyone who checks the site. Also, if anyone is interested in how the wedding stuff is going, you can check out:
our wedding site

Hope all is well with everyone! Feel free to write or call any time so I can keep updated on you all.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grant, it's AC! We will be in San Jose (i think that's where you are?) Aug. 11-18th-ish. If you'll be around we should hang out! I am writing this from Pioneer Courthouse Square in Portland about to watch Dirty Dancing on a giant blow-up projector screen!

Grant said...

AC! I guess I'll write back to you here. It's strange how many ways we can get a message to each other these days.

Anyway, yeah! I'll let you know if I'll be around. I'm shooting a wedding sometime around then in August, but I think it's going to be the weekend after that. If so, let's do something...even if it's just grabbing lunch together.

Anonymous said...

Great! I too am wowed (& annoyed) by messaging options. See you soon!

generated by sloganizer.net