Wednesday, May 08, 2002

Come on now...I really need some motivation to not procrastinate. I thought that coming to college would help rectify this terrible habit of mine...but instead my "putting off all work because it is infinitely more important to play Tony Hawk 3 than do actual work" skills have been greatly improved. Example (and this is just one day): The other night I had a sudden epiphany, "HEY! I'm in college. College kids have homework. Therefore...um...I should have work." I felt like Lenny from Memento as I dug through my bag and found notes and homework assignments I had no recollection of...but I obviously wrote since it was in my handwriting...
::
which by the way is another interesting topic. I write like a left handed person...with my right hand. In other words, my hand curves around the pen/pencil, bending my wrist at a 90 degree angle. I think this developed because of my art. I would use this hand position so I could see what I was drawing better...so my hand would not be covering the drawing. Then again some people say that how you write reflects your inner psyche. Maybe this writing style of mine reflects my bad habits...
::
which would include kleptomania. I am a klepto and I know it. "People with Kleptomania usually do not steal because they need the object stolen; they sometimes secretly replace the object after stealing it. They steal "for the thrill of stealing," and they don't want to get caught at it." I guess this would make sense since I have so many signs and random objects that do not help me in any way...but I felt this insatiable urge to take.
::
but I seem to have gotten myself off topic. As I was saying...I looked at all the homework I had due and low and behold I read, "Fiction paper - tomorrow," only in nearly illegible handwriting. "Hmm," I thought to myself. "Can I really let myself forget what I just read? Do I lie to myself to be happy? In this case...yes, I do." No...actually I don't walk around quoting good movies. My actual reaction was more similar to, "OH $#!%!" So I sat down, read a short story I had never laid eyes on before, and wrote a couple page analysis on it. It took a mere 30 minutes. I turned it in the next morning and then had another revelation, "I have spanish today...we have workbook stuff due on wednesdays...today is wednesday...therefore...um...I have work...SHOOT!" I hurredly did half the work necessary and turned it in. What was the result of my half-hearted effort? Full credit on spanish (the same grade as the kids who worked well over an hour on it), and this written on the back of my english paper, "SO good! I can't offer advice; you write well! May I have a copy for future scholars?" Right...like I'll EVER do a paper multiple days in advance now.
::
now where was I?

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net