Tuesday, May 14, 2002

How can I explain the last couple of days? I can't. So I won't. Simple solution huh? But I will say that things have taken a turn for the better....for the MUCH better.

Now on a completely different note, I have found something for you all to read. Go HERE and indulge in some fine action/drama from a devoted fan of the game Castlevania. I only say this because 1- I can't believe that anyone would put this much time into writing a story about a video game, and 2- it's frickin' hilarious. Just read a couple chapters of this thing...it will put a smile on your face.

Hey everyone...it's ROOMSTOCK 406!!! You heard me right...it's the first of what is sure to be an annual hit in the dorms of Pralle-Sodaro. We're having our very own Roomstock (c.), "3 days of finals and music." I've pulled about 1,043 songs into a playlist and we're playing it non-stop for however long it lasts. So far we've had a grand total of four people come for Roomstock...though it is our suspicion that they were all here for reasons other than the soon to be infamous event that is being birthed right here in our dorm room. But hey...at least we're not selling bottled water for $10 a bottle in hundred degree weather. And there's not much chance of huge bonfires being set seeing as to how we don't have Limp Bizquit singing Break Something live. Oh, and no moshing...the people who live below us can be a little irritable if we make too much noise.

By the end of this week Breakfast Epiphanies' first demo, Playing the Lounge, should be released. After recording from midnight to 5am on Friday, and a couple extra hours on Saturday, we've got all the music recorded. But let me tell you...things get a little wacky when you've been recording for 5 hours straight in a small, stuffy room: Christina, our rhythm guitarist, was just muttering, "Sleeeep...neeeed sleeeep. Waaaant beeeeed," over and over. Aaron, our sound engineer, was hitting himself on the head with random objects, like Christina's sandle...but then again that's not too out of the ordinary for him. Chrissy, our drummer, was patiently waiting for us to continue, all the while politely mentioning that she had to be at a meeting in a mere 6 hours and she had not slept yet. Ed, our lead guitarist, started turning our one slow song, Afterday, into a hardcore punk song. And I, the bassist, spent my time combatting the "Grant is gay" jokes. But it will all be worth it once we finish the vocals and burn the first copy.

I was recently part of a photo shoot for a friend of mine. He had to take some pictures for his final. Here's one of the shots. I have no clue why I put this up. Don't question me...it's better that way.

I am SO special. I had the Fork Avenger AND Barry Jackson sign my guestbook. I feel loved. OH, and not to mention the recent guestbook signage by Robert Smith. (shuddup...let me think that it's real...I like my fantasy world).

I have to go now. I still have 5 finals to study for and then I'm done with my freshman year of college. Went by fast didn't it? Hahahaha! NO! It was actually pretty torturous in many ways. But it's over. Or at least it will be soon enough. And I think all the creativity, wit, and style that I had in me has been sucked out and fed to the ever hungry monster we call college. It's evil minions, called professors, have succesfully sucked out my will to live and left me with no time and even less zest for life. Gosh...I'm painting a nice picture for all of you who haven' t been to college yet...aren't I? Ok then...college is GREAT! We get to LEARN! We get to STUDY! There's no sex, drugs, binge drinking, or mass procrastination. I have to stop now...I can't keep that up any longer. Lying doesn't fly too well with me. Right...enough rambling. Go. Do something productive. And no...reading more websites it NOT considered productive.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net