Wednesday, May 22, 2002

How can I explain the last couple of days? I can't. So I won't. Simple solution huh? (deja vu huh?) But I will say that things have taken a turn for the...um...well, for the something. Things have definitely taken a turn for the something.

I've passed a milestone...which by the way is an interesting expression. I mean, in the past did people set up stones at each mile so those traveling would know how far they have gone? The only time I have used a system like this was when I was backpacking out in the middle of nowhere and people would have little pyramids of rocks to show that you are still on the right track. Only problem...not everyone was headed the same way so these little markers just confused the heck out of us. But that wasn't my point. I have passed a milestone. I will never again be a freshman. Unless of course I find out that I failed all my classes and have to retake this last year. But let's keep our fingers crossed shall we?

Mirroring what Helena just talked about on Crispyhead, I am in the throes of the turbulant world of lying, cheating, and money...also known as the world of job-hunting. I would be working at Outback right now had I lied and said I would be here longer than just summer. And I doubt any other restaurant will hire me for a mere three months. Eh...if all else fails I can go back to the days of whip cream fights, eating free pastries, serving five people a day, and making myself free drinks over at the Espresso Garden. I must say, getting paid hourly to do that was a pretty good deal.

On the topic of computers (since mine has the friggin Nimbda virus), what's with the error messages? I walk into my room and my screen says, "This program has performed an illegal action." What...my computer is a delinquent now? That's almost as bad as, "Keyboard cannot be found, press any key to continue."

Though the job was a little rushed, and though the setup was not the best, and though we had only a couple weeks practice...we now have a demo CD. It's a compilation of 5 songs, pretty much covering every style of music we play. Acoustic, slow, fast, etc... It's a little rough around the edges, but fun nonetheless. I guess we're going to try and sell some copies and get some gigs once we are all back in Orange. I have no idead HOW to do so, but I will do my best to get one of the songs on this site so y'all can hear what we sound like. And we have a Breakfast Epiphanies website that will be up and running by the end of summer (if Ed ever friggin WORKS ON IT!) We'll have some sound clips on that site too.

And now I'm off to apply to the corporate master...Starbucks. Ya know...Starbucks will probably have something to do with the end of the world. I'm not sure how, but it just will. And now I'm going to apply to be a barista there and make $9.25 an hour. My assimilation has begun.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net