Friday, April 25, 2003

It's time to complain about boxers/underwear. I'm sure women have plenty more to complain about with bras and high-heeled shoes, but that in no way belittles my oh-so-revolutionary thoughts on men's undergarments. Here's the deal...I'm a guy, and have been just that since I can remember. In this 20 year existence as a guy, I have never once heard a guy say that he uses the little flap. You know what I'm talking about. The underwear/boxer flap. You know how women always say that high-heels and bras must have been invented by men? Well...the underwear flap must have been created by a woman. She (who we will name Hilda for the sake of argument) was creating underwear and thought to herself, "Hmm...men, just like women, must urinate every once in a while. But wait...they have those little floppy things they use to urinate. It would be so inconvenient for them to have to pull their underwear down when the need to urinate strikes, so I'll make them a flap! Hilda...you're a genius!" Hilda, however, was not a genius. She overlooked the fact that with a small tug, underwear or boxers can be pulled down just enough to allow one to urinate. Plus...there are two major problems with the ever so wanna-be-genius flap.

1) Even if guys were to utilize the flap...those little buttons or snaps make it that much more difficult. Not only would I have to unbutton and unzip my pants (and belt, if I'm wearing one), but then I would have to unbutton the flap and dig around inside...just to pee. Not worth it.

2) I have three pairs of boxers with no button on the flap. This would alleviate the problem of having to unbutton an extra button, but it leaves one more problem. Things don't always stay contained if there is a wide open flap on the front of one's boxers. If I were wearing these boxers, and only these boxers, and was in public...let's just say that there is a good chance that, with a small amount of walking or movement on my part, people would get to see more than their fare share of my anatomy.

I say...get rid of the flap. It just causes problems. And it just confuses the heck out of me when I see women's underwear with the flap. Come on...let's make life a little easier and free ourselves from the horror of the underwear flap.


p.s. I have some bad news. I was just informed that Aaron and Josh both use the "pee-flap." My whole theory has been abolished. Oh well...I'm posting this bad boy anyway.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net