Friday, August 19, 2005




Penguins and Panthers and Shamrocks Oh My!

Deja vu. I was just here. Here being sitting on the floor of a mostly empty room with a few taped up boxes replacing the furniture, a laptop replacing the G5, and a few feelings replacing others.

And I'll be doing this again within the next 4 years.

This summer has been the most change I have ever been through in my entire life. I'm talking change that beats out puberty, realizing girls don't have cooties, and moving away to college all rolled into one.

Somewhere between staying up all night countless times, eating more del taco than I ever thought possible, bowling tournaments, new jobs, broken hearts, new homes, introduction into a shady underworld, getting into trouble with the Tamarack Girls, fauxhawks, major record lables, new friends, old friends, new friends who feel like old friends, and playing spin the knife in the middle of a crowded Fridays, I realized that my life is so completely different than I ever imagined it that it kind of freaked me out.

Then I realized that the only thing worse than finding yourself somewhere new and crazy and different than you ever expected, is finding yourself exactly where you saw yourself 10 years go.

So here's to the unknown, the surprises, the unexpected, and the slow unveiling of where life will lead.



p.s. That was horribly sappy and overemotional. Sorry. I'll get back to being caustic and unrelenting sooner or later.


No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net