Tuesday, November 01, 2005



At the Coach House
(or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Mistakes)

Date: October 30th, Devil's Night
Time: 6pm
Location: The Coach House

Ok ok...this is getting way too melodramatic...even for my taste. The other night Parachutes got a chance to play at The Coach House. We showed up, actually had people help us get our gear inside, actually had people respect us as a band about to perform at their venue, and actually got our own dressing room:



note: Asian decor, fake tree, and a sink the the corner...what more could we ask for?

Aro and Kyle were already there and helped us get all situated. Aaron even gave me a belated birthday present:



note: you can blame Aro for fueling my kleptomania...but seriously, awsome present

We grabbed a seat and watched Cameron Meshell, Mad Man Moon, The Red West, and The 88. I'm in love with The Red West by the way, so this was very cool for me...getting to play on the same stage as them. I even went over after and talked to them and sounded like a complete idiot. I thought that only happened on TV. I meant to say, "I first saw you guys open for Silverchair," but it came out as, "I first saw you guys open for...um....uh...." then panic filled my eyes until Kyle came through and said, "Silverchair." So sad.

We enjoyed the music, ate overpriced food, and Wendy and I glared at people:



note: Wendy pulls off the angry glare better than I do.

We finally got our turn on stage and had a very...er...interesting set. Despite the drum machine going off at an inopportune time, my strap falling off, and most of The 88's audience having already left, it was still fun:



note: I look like I'm trying to make the drum levitate.

And Apparently I started emitting rays of light at some point:



note: Rays of Light
note 2: I didn't mean to make a Madonna reference

And of course we have to thank our merch girls:



note: one's missing...we had a lady bug to go along with the lion tamer and the catholic schoolgirl. Apparently I don't have a picture of her...how sad.

We also have to thank everyone else who showed up to support us. This was a big show for us...getting to play with some amazing bands. It's great to have such a good group of friends:



note: if you are not in this photo (that Aro took by the way) it does not mean you are not a friend. It does mean you should have been at the show (or bold enough to step into the frenzy of us crazy people)

Later we ate In N' Out at 1am, me still wearing my tux jacket with tails. I have no pictures sadly. I was too focused on consuming a cheeseburger. We even made a new friend who accompanied us to said burger joint.

Overall an interesting learning experience and not a bad night. Not bad at all.


No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net