Sunday, November 27, 2005



The Epic Extravaganza of Jordan, Kevin, and Grant

(This post must be read while singing "When You're the Best of Friends" from The Fox and the Hound in your head...here, I'll help you start off...)

When you're the best of friends
Sharing all that you discover
When that moment has past, will that friendship last?
Who can say? There's a way!
Oh I hope... I hope it never ends
'Cause you're the best of friends



This journey starts out on the road to San Jose. We drove Chad's 68' Bronco with no heat, no radio, stiff shocks, loud engine, squeaky everything and no back window through the desert at night. I ended up wearing 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, a sweatshirt, and a beanie. I was still freezing:



NOTE: Here's me at the start of the trip looking very suspicious. Chad looks like he's about to vomit. And the second picture is me at the end of the trip...9 1/2 hours later.


The next night I met up with Jordan, bought lottery tickets with her, and promptly lost:



NOTE: I'm not sure why I'm yelling in the first picture, I think Jordan is trying to lick the lotto tickets in the second, and note how sad we look in the third...so sad.


After, I proposed to one of Jordan’s friends over the phone through a picture message of me holding a yellow legal pad with “Will you marry me?” scrawled on it in sharpie. She totally turned me down.

We then spent like half an hour trying to have Jordan throw a Reese’s Pieces into my mouth while I supposedly would be taking a picture of said event:



NOTE: Note the extreme lack of candy flying through the air. I'm obviously bad at multi-tasking.


Jordan and I then spent the next 15 minutes taking pictures of the inside of our mouths:



NOTE: I have NO clue why this happened.


Then Jordan tried to lick my face...of course:



NOTE: I actually didn't even know she was doing this when I took the picture.


I then found a paddle in my kitchen and promptly put it to good use:



NOTE: This used to be for spankings when we Paige kids were bad.


We had to get McFlurries, but for some reason they don't serve Butterfinger any longer. I came up with the idea of getting just the yogurt and then making our own. So we overpaid for plain frozen yogurt, crushed some Butterfingers, and created masterpieces of delicious ice-cream-ness:



NOTE: It seriously looks like I'm throwing up into the cup. And Jordan's picture isn't that much prettier.


The next night we picked up Kevin in order to hit our old favorite, Comedy Sportz:



NOTE: Apparently we all just like yelling. Also note Jordan's hat on her, then me, and for the rest of the night...on Kevin. I look 5 in that hat.


We hit some dark hallways, some dark staircases, and then Jordan started doing stretches in downtown SJ. Or she was tying her shoe:



NOTE: We wound through like 50 yards of creepy dark hallways like that just to get out of the parking structure. Apparently downtown SJ wants to give all the kidnappers and killers plenty of places to hide.


We got to the building where CSz was supposed to be and had to brush up on our drug deal etiquette as we had to push buttons and talk to disembodied voices just to be told to come back later. So we hit Urban Outfitters:



NOTE: Jordan looks freaked out about pressing that button. We're doing our emo glamour shots in the second picture. And in the third? Don't ask.


So to pass the time after Urban we found a bar called the Blue Monkey, which we lovingly called The BM. We found a nice seat and got Jordan drunk on one shot:



NOTE: Such a lightweight.
NOTE 2: Ok ok, she was faking it.

After CSz, which was amazing, we decided to try and find a cool place to hang out. We got lost and called a friend or two to ask if they knew where we were:



NOTE: Kevin looks kinda like a heroin addict in that second picture.


After turning down 3 different places due to $15 cover charges, we went back to the trusted BM. We took some pictures, danced, and had a great time:



NOTE: In the third picture, if I remember correctly, I told Jordan, "OK, now do a sexy pose!" If that is my sexy look, I'm in serious trouble.


Apparently Jordan and Kevin conspired and got me a double shot of 151. If you don't know, that's around 75% alcohol:



NOTE: That third picture is literally 2 seconds after the second.


After some more dancing the lights came on and everyone scurried away like cockroaches in a lit room. We started the walk back but Kevin and I simply had to ride the boat. Later, I found a train that needed to be ridden as well:



NOTE: I seriously bruised myself climbing over the fence to get to that damned train.


Kevin then apparently gained an affinity for latching onto pole-like objects:



NOTE: This was right after we got lost again, and right before one of us urinated in public.


All in all, one of the most fun nights I have ever had. Seriously.



NOTE: I'll let this one speak for itself.


Are you still singing? You'd better be. If not I'm going to have to come over there and sing it for you while you re-read that whole overly-long thing...and you DON'T want that. I promise you.

Here's to many more good times with amazing friends.


No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net