Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Oh no!

I've been TAGGED!

I know that it's incredibly unlikely that you are reading this post and still have no idea what this whole "tagging" thing is about; but I'll recap anyway. The farthest back I can go is Aro who tagged a group including Megan; and then somehow Ed was tagged (Megan ignored the "tag other people" rule) who then tagged me. I must admit, I was secretly coveting all those tagged and was holding my breath hoping it would be my turn soon. Now that it's my turn, I'm worried that I have nothing to say. But here goes!

No...wait, I'm going to interject a mini-post I've been meaning to write before I write my 7 things. Sorry, you'll have to endure my ramblings if you want to read my oh-so-exciting "stuff about me."

New year's eve was a truly amazing event and I wanted to say a few words about it. Megan and I met a group of friends and went to Together as One which, if you don't know, is an organization who puts on massive events. This one was at the LA Coliseum which can fit about 115,000 people (including the field area). Add to that outside tents and the number jumps to something quite absurd. We all got in around 11:40pm, made our way to the very top row of seats, and looked out at a view indescribable by words.

Thousands of people rang in the new year with us and then proceeded to partake in Armin Van Buuren spinning everything from well known hits to remixes of Obama speeches. Hours passed with amazing lights, fantastic music, and great friends. It was, in a word, perfect. There was no better way to begin a year that I'm sure will be full of major (and wonderful) changes.
Anyway, on to the reason for this post...I've been tagged!

7 Strange or Weird Things About Me!
(Wow, it's much harder to think of things than I expected...)

1 - The first instrument I learned was the trumpet (I'm not counting the recorder. Hot Crossed Buns in a shrill squeal does not count in my opinion). Our group was designated to play the typical graduation song for the 8th graders and this seemed like a vastly important task to me. While cleaning the spit valve of my trumpet next to the sink (where my mom was washing dishes), I accidentally knocked my mouthpiece into the running garbage disposal. A horrible metal-on-metal clanking ensued and my mouthpiece was dinged and semi-mutilated. Lacking a replacement mouthpiece, and the graduation being only days away, I continued to practice diligently. As you might know, brass instruments take vibration of the lips against the mouthpiece. By the time we performed for graduation my lips were cut and bleeding due to metal protrusions caused by the garbage disposal. And so began dedication to any given craft, even to the point of personal pain.

2 - I have lied (possibly read: exaggerated) on every resume I have ever submitted. E.g. The boss of my first serving job thought I had worked at least 2 restaurants prior to applying to his restaurant.

3 - I didn't have my first full alcoholic beverage until the age of 20. By "full" I mean a drink all to myself...I had partaken in sips of wine before said age.

4 - I played the role of Bill Sykes in the musical Oliver when I was in Jr. High despite the fact that I cannot sing. The first night of the play I walked on stage for my big song (My Name) and froze. I went a full two stanzas into the song and all I could do was utter a couple of "err"s and "uhh"s. It was, at that point, the most embarrassing moment of my life.

5 - [Disclaimer: this one is kinda graphic, skip if you are easily offended] Before I was ever given the big sex talk, my friends and I (in elementary school, not sure what grade) had a huge argument about sex (which none of us knew anything about). The argument was between my best friend and I and the subject was whether typical sexual intercourse was in the "front hole" or the "back hole" (we didn't even know the terminology).

6 - A girl who I thought was a friend (I later realized the truth) in high school convinced all my other friends that I tried to commit suicide. I, to this day, do not know what made her think that was true (or if she had some other agenda).

7 - I once packed 6 people into my 2-seater convertible in order to get all of us to a location to shoot a scene for a student film that never saw the light of day.

Alright, there's a few tidbits for ya. I don't know anyone whose site I regularly visit who had not already been tagged, so I'll accept that I'm the end of the line. If you have a blog and have not done this, consider yourself tagged. It's fun to try and think of things that your close friends don't know of.

Hope everyone is having a great beginning to the new year!


6 comments:

Aaron said...

A lot of these were really funny. Perhaps I will take your lead and start lying on my resumes, because hey, things can't get any worse, right? Also, I didn't have my first full alcoholic beverage until I was 20 either -- and I felt so dang guilty about it that I told my parents about it the very next day. Lame!

Not that the chain of tagging is really all that important, but I didn't tag Ed -- he was tagged by Joy, who was Kristen (not Kirsten) who also tagged me. I took too long with my post, so that by the time I wrote it Ed had already tagged you! I would have tagged you if he hadn't gotten to you first. Darn that Ed!

Megan said...

Oops! I, like you, assumed that I was the last to achieve "tagged" status so I didn't bother tagging other people. Sorry baby!

TAG! You're it (even though you already did it)!

<3 <-- NOT boobs.

Ed said...

hehe, "boobs"

dude, playing a destroyed mouthpiece isn't cool at all. neither is playing with bleeding lips... not cool.. and pretty messy...

-Aaron- said...

teeheehee. "Hot Crossed Buns" makes me think of a smoking hot male model who is pinching in a fart or something.

...um, we'll just pretend i didn't say that. Wait, boobs. Yes.

Maybe next time we hang out we can mutilate a recorder mouthpiece so you can give us a rendition of "Hot Cross Pomp & Circumstance".

Ed said...

first part, hilarious... can't ignore that it was said, though maybe we can say Grant did...

and "Hot Cross Pomp & Circumstance" is the new definition of hell... move over Dante!

-Aaron- said...

Oh, right. Grant made me say that. He bribed me with lots of $$$ <3 <3.

generated by sloganizer.net