Monday, December 16, 2002

It seems that my creativity is spawned by depression...or at least the presence of depressing thoughts. So at times when I am anything but depressed, ie: right now, I end up finding the most depressing things I can to try and inspire me. Otherwise I end up sounding like a love-stricken junior-high girl writing "dear diary..." No really, it's embarrassing.

And speaking of love-stricken...and to change the depressing pace a little...

What makes a person famous? Is it the number of people he or she is known by? The amount of money made? The cause? Items sold? Publicity? Is there a line that has to be crossed to make someone or something "famous", or is "famous" just like the phrase "world renowned" which is tacked onto anything from the curly fries of the local burger joint to the new rubber grip pencils some business-school entrepreneur just created? Do you get a letter in the mail one day that says, "CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are now famous! You can tell all your friends that you have joined the likes of Babe Ruth, Bob Fosse, Kurt Cobain, and that guy who created Pokemon! And for a mere $150 you can receive this beautiful, leather-bound, 15,000 page book with a picture of you, along side all the other "famous" people, along with a short biography! Order today! Supplies are limited!" Is this something along the same lines as love? What makes a person in love? Is it the amount of time he or she has known the lovee? The amount of money spent? The emotion? Gifts given/received? The mere statement, "I love you" ? Is there a line that has to be crossed to make someone officially "in love", or is "love" just a tacked on phrase? "I LOVE that tv show!" or. "I LOVE chocolate!" or. "I LOVE gouda cheese!" Wouldn't it be nice to receive a letter in the mail saying, "CONGRATULATIONS! You are in love! No more need to worry! No more need to wonder! It's all down hill from here as you have complete assurance that you are totally, positively, 100%, beyond the shadow of a doubt, head-over-heels in love!" Sadly this doesn't happen. Or maybe the post office has screwed me over. But either way it's up to my sad judgment to figure out what love is. But you know what? That's part of it. Part of the journey.

Enjoy the ride.
Learn from your mistakes.
I've learned from mine.
And now?
We'll see.........

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net