Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Long story short: I took a shower and was getting dried when I suddenly heard a knock at the door. I looked down and noticed that I was still naked (ok, so I don't really have to look to see if I'm naked...usually), and decided that it would most likely not be appropriate to answer the door in all my undressed splendor. Since I did not know how long this person would wait I threw on my pants and shirt and answered the door. I was then distracted by many a task and soon I was on my way to work on a project where I am the assistant editor (also known as "royal exalted button-pusher") Then it hit me...I wasn't wearing any underwear. Or more accurate would be "I wasn't wearing any boxers" since I don't wear underwear. Or wait, are boxers called underwear? Nevermind. Not the point. I had on no undergarments. No, this didn't really lend to any funny and slightly embarrassing situations, but it changes allot when you don't wear underwear (I will use the term "underwear" to describe undergarments of all kinds henceforth) At about 12:00am I was restless. I ate some beef jerky, chocolate and caramel (no, not together) and grabbed my longboard. It is amazingly peaceful to ride through the empty streets in the middle of the night hearing only the sound of the wheels on the street. And the sound of the police walky-talky. I guess the Chapman cops are after someone because I saw four of their little cop SUV's and passed a cop on foot talking into his walky-talky saying he was going to try and head them off around the corner. Whoever "them" is. I then sat on a bench outside and just looked up at the moon for a while. Still underwearless mind you. There's something amazing about seeing your breath. It's like being able to see emotion. It's something that's always there, you can feel it's touch, but you can never physically see it. And when you can see your breath take physical form it's like seeing your emotions take physical form...it's pretty incredible. And I don't remember the last time I did more than just look up and say, "the moon is beautiful tonight." It's nice to just watch the moon. Watch it long enough to actually see it move. Feel the cold air slowly creep up on you and seep into your skin. Notice your breath in the air lessen as your body temperature lowers. And now I'm sitting here, listening to Radiohead, feeling slightly nauseas due to the mix of beef jerky and chocolate, still not wearing underwear, and all is well with the world.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net