Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Well boys and girls...I have survived one heck of a crazy weather phenomenon. Two nights ago the wind came out to play. And just like a real big dog that thinks it is play-biting you softly, but draws blood, the wind underestimated it's playful power. 70 mph winds pummeled our fourth floor room, shaking it like a poorly built erector-set. The sky would light up brilliant blue every so often, which Aaron and I thought was merely lightning. Ends up a telephone pole fell in the path of a train. This train ran over the pole, dragging it along the tracks, and subsequently blowing out 30 or so transformers. Each explosion lit up the sky like the fourth of July. (is anyone but me wondering why I'm using so many cheesy comparisons?) Though I thought our window would not last the night without shattering, the only real damage was the electricity going out. It's quite nice to lay in bed in total darkness and hear nothing...all that electric hum silenced. It was so quiet I’m surprised I couldn't hear our freezer defrosting. Or all the cold air escaping our refrigerator, forcing the poor defenseless milk to partake in a battle of life or death with it's arch nemesis...warm air. I am sad to inform you all that the milk lost this battle. Along with a burrito, some ice cream, and something wrapped in foil that I'm afraid to open. And as of 10 minutes ago I can once again connect to the internet.

Oh, and I'll be gone for about a week. Starting tomorrow. It's road trip time.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net