Tuesday, June 24, 2003

I was having a conversation tonight at dinner about flavor. I don't know about you, but I can't stand eating onions, peppers, or tomatos (in chunks). However, I do enjoy the flavor of these items. So I tend to order food with these items, just for the flavor. I merely push the onions or peppers to the side, and enjoy the flavor without actually having the food. This got me thinking. What else in our lives is like this? Do we date people for the flavor...never actually intending to do more than push them to the side when enough flavor has been achieved? Do we create drama in our lives, just for the flavor, knowing full well that since we created it, we can destroy it? What about morals and values? Do we say we have them, since they add a nice spice to our lives, but when it comes down to it, we know we would never take a bite?

I think there are too many parts of our lives that we just enjoy the flavor of. The problem is, many of these flavors are much more than just flavor. You can't help but saturate yourself even though you just want a taste. It would be like drinking vodka...just for the flavor. Sure you just like the taste, but chances are...you're gonna get drunk. Even if that wasn't the intent.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net