Tuesday, June 24, 2003

It seems to me that aspiring young internet-entrepreneurs are missing the boat. Somehow, everyone who is anyone is invading people's personal space with pop-up ads. Now, this wouldn't be so bad if ANYBODY wanted the products being advertised. The only people buying those little wireless cameras will one day be in prison for having a stockpile of video taken from inside a duffelbag, aimed up, so as to see under girl's skirts. The only people who are clicking on the "YOU'VE WON! INSTANT WINNER! FREE PRIZE!" banners aren't the brightest, and will lose interest quickly when it is made apparent that money has to be spent to receive this "free" prize. And my favorite pop up ad is the new "Tired of pop up ads? Get Pop Up Killer!" pop up ads. Isn't that kind of self-defeating. Or maybe it's like lighting someone on fire and then offering them a bucket of water...for a small price. These people all have their good/greedy intentions though...they want to make money. But if you want to make money...at least make your add make sense. That is all I ask. Yesterday I got this message:

If there was a magic button what would YOU get? YOU better pressed it?

umm...yes, I had better pressed it...since I do everything in past tense. Needless to say, I did not press my magic button.

Speaking of magic buttons...I started bartending school yesterday. (yes, I realize that bartending school has nothing to do with magic buttons, but I was trying to work on better transitions) I was handed a stack of over 200 flashcards with drinks names on one side, and how to make it on the other. I think they name these drinks for the amusement of the bartender. I'm just waiting for the day when someone leans over the bar and says to me, "Can I have a Blowjob?" Or, "Gimme an Orgasm." I don't know about you, but I would stray from ordering a drink which makes it sound like I'm asking for sexual favors.

P.S. As I was typing this I got another pop up ad which enticed me with some game where you kill Sadaam or something. It was called Wham Bam Sadaam. Only problem, it’s pronounced Suh-dom, not Suh-damn. So not only do I hate them for their pop up ad, but they can’t even rhyme.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net