Friday, July 11, 2003

Ever had a situation where you felt really stupid, and were angry at yourself for being so stupid. And then to top it off, you find out that you were/are even more stupid than you previously thought?

This morning I woke up early to take my last class at the National Bartending Association. I groggily got ready and drove to the school, walked up to the door, and tugged effectlessly at the door handle until I realized that there were no lights on inside. This meant one of two things. 1) Someone was getting it on inside and didn't want anyone walking in on them or 2) The NBA was not open yet. Though I was still 3/4 asleep, and what little brain cells I had working were plowing through drink recipes, I chose option 2. So as I was walking back to my car, I had a realization.

Grant: "Wait, what day is it?"
Grant: "Isn't it Wednesday?"
Grant: "Oh my gosh...yeah."
Grant: "And I'm supposed to be here Thursday!"
Grant: "I am SUCH an idiot!"

I got in my car, drove home, and went back to sleep in all my clothes.

Later, I was talking to Naomi...telling her my story of stupidity...and as I got to the part where I said, "and I totally thought it was Thursday!" she interrupted me and said, "Grant, it IS Thursday." I just stopped talking. I got up, checked a calendar, and by George...it's was (and is) Thursday. Suddenly, my previous stupidity was trampled and spit upon by my newfound uber-stupidity.

This, in my opinion, is why I should never be forced to do any thinking at all before 10:30am.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net