Sunday, July 11, 2004



I'll have a Mocha Frappachino With Some Racism on the Side

The other night I was working a late shift and suddenly at around 12:30am a huge line formed out the door...every person in said line wanting a drink of blended goodness (which I don't find that good). Needless to say, things got hectic and people had to wait a few minutes extra for their drinks. As I was making the last of the drinks, a guy walks up and asks if his drink is ready because he has been waiting for a while. Greg, the guy on the register, explained that one of our blenders is broken and because of the rush there was a wait and he apologized for the wait. The guy then said, and I quote, "You would have made my drink quicker if I was white." Huh? Since when did race become the deciding factor in how quick you get your drink at Starbucks? Neither Greg nor I had even noticed that he was Hispanic until he said that. Oh, and we had a guy of Hispanic origin working with us at the time.

On a lighter note I just took a shower and am wearing only a towel...so I should get dressed.

But first...

Grant's 1 Second Movie Reviews

Boondock Saints: Great film. William Defoe rocks....and crossdresses.
Sylvia: Eh....too slow.
Shopping: Not bad at all. Car chases, gangs, death....you know.
One Last Minute: Or is that what it's called? Pretty good.
Bad Santa: Bad.
City of God: Absolutely amazing.
Elephant: Totally different and worth watching.

P.S. I'm dressed now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net