Saturday, April 08, 2006

Another Thing the Internet Sucks At...

I found this site called My Heritage at which you can upload a picture and it's supposed to give you the celebrities that you closest resemble. I tried a variety of pictures because, like most scientific method you need more than one test case. If this was to work, I would need more than one common thread through the pictures. Here are the results. The first picture is the one I uploaded, the next ones are the celebrities the site told me I looked most like from highest percentage to lowest:

me, Natalie Portman, Jan Ulrich, Jacques Villeneuve





me, Jaco Pastorius, Guy Pearce, Rob Lowe





me, Ethan Hawke, Mark Ruffalo





me, Nick Nolte, Keira Knightly





me, Avi Nimni, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Neil Armstrong





me, Meg Ryan, Kim Basinger, George Harrison





me, Hugo Weaving, Rose McGowan, Wayne Rooney





me, Heidi Klum, Shahid Kapoor, Ethan Hawke





me, Mark Ruffalo





me, Isabella Rossellini, Julianne Moore, Leonardo DiCaprio





me, Ethan Hawke, Ian Anderson




End results: We've got Ethan Hawke 3 times, and Mark Ruffalo 2 times. I think we can conclude that this site is a piece of junk. If I looked like Ethan Hawke I would have a relentless torrent of girls after me. And I'm really not sure I WANT to look like Mark Ruffalo. If fact, the only person I have ever been mistaken for is Chad Murray:


One other disturbing trend the site tried to tell me is that my dad looks like Alfred Kinsey. Wouldn't that be crazy if he really was and just didn't tell anybody?

Alright, it's time for you guys to decide if I actually look ANYthing like ANY of these people or if I should write the site and tell them that their facial recognition system really sucks.


No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net