Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Dear mom and dad,

you should be so proud of me! i'm learning so very much here at college. why just this morning i applied my newfound knowledge of value. i stumbled back into my room at about 8:50am and took a shower and decided to trim my chin-strap-like beard/goatee thingy (and as you can see my vocab is improving too!) I blinked at the mirror a couple times because my eyes are a little dry right now...but that's most likely because i've been wearing the same one-day contacts for three days now without taking them out (see...value indeed!) so back to the shaving thing (and i'll get back to the value thing, i swear) shaving while not awake is a new and interesting experience for me, especially since my motor skills weren't at their peak. after hacking off a chunk of blondish-redish fuzz from the right side of my chin i swore, then did the same to the left side. but it's ok, i already look a little unusual since i dyed my hair black the other day. it doesn't exactly match with my facial hair (or lack there of after this mornings incident) but hey, that's what college is about isn't it...experimenting. Oh, and speaking of my motor skills not functioning exactly properly, i dropped my $100 doumbek (drum) last night and it shattered into many a piece. but it's ok, i'll make up for my lack of motor skills with more sleep...who needs class anyway? oh yeah...i was telling you guys about my knowledge of value. so i came out of the bathroom and thought about eating (which i do occasionally) I realized that if i were to buy a sub sandwich and drink from the school's sub sandwich place it would cost me around $6.00. then i remembered Valentino's...the college kids best friend in the form of a cheap Italian restaurant (the other college kid's best friends come in the handy forms of alcohol, weed, and sex...but this morning...i was hungry) so i did some math and found that i could have an entire large pizza for the same price as the measly 6" sandwich. there was no question as to what i would have for breakfast...pizza! see? i'm getting more for my money...value incarnate. oh yeah, the band got to play a 5 song set at the Ugly Mug Cafe the other night! (this was before i broke my doumbek) it was so much fun. sure it went late, and then i didn't do any work for the next day (hence me failing yesterday's science test and audio design quiz) but ya know what? college isn't about grades and classes...it's about experiences...right? i mean, that's what you guys used to say. so thanks for the advice! i'm off to try and find a better fake ID. bye for now!

love, Grant

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net