Sunday, November 10, 2002

Before I begin I would like to ask about a phrase. Or more so a word. Or more so a phrase that involves a specific word. That word being 'said.' Alright, I guess an example is in order. Let's say I'm talking about a certain shirt I own and how much I like it. Then say I'm talking about a certain hat I own and how I like it just as much as said shirt. Have you heard of that before? Using 'said' to talk about a previous subject? I've known about this for a long time, but I guess allot of other people have not.

Since I'm asking questions now, how about I ask another one? How much do you know about puncture wounds? Well I learned all about them very recently. I was standing there looking at this guy who had his ears stretched so far around these wooden hoops that I could fit three fingers through them. He also had a 'collar' of tattoos around his neck. He led me to a small room that smelled like a hospital. He then took a three inch long, 12 gauge tube, and placed the tip of it against my eyebrow. I heard a hollow pop and felt cold metal sliding through the skin. A barbell was placed in the top of this miniature straw, and the straw was pulled the rest of the way through my eyebrow, leaving just the barbell.

I had no problem with any of this. It felt kind of like a paper-cut. But this didn't stop me from nearly fainting. I've explained my needle phobia before, and this was no different. A good five minutes after the piercing was complete I felt the surge of warmth flow through my body. That's about the same time I saw the little black specks enter into my vision. That's about the same time as my knees went weak and all I could hear was a throbbing pulsating sound and the sweat broke out all over my body. I said something like, "I uh...don't feel so good." The guy said something like, "You're gonna fall over," and he moved behind me and put one arm under each of my armpits. Next I was being held up completely by this guy as I tried my best to stand. My attempts proved very futile. My eyes were wide open but all I could see was black. I had a piece of paper in my hand and Naomi pried open my hand and took the paper, but I don't remember this in the least.

Maybe I'm anemic.

So yeah...I now have a piece of metal through my eyebrow.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net