Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Why is it I always end up with some kind of crazy story when I go to the airport? I don't do anything that would cause wacky events to ensue...but they do. Oh they do. But first...

There are two types of bands. Those that just get louder when heard in concert, and those like Tool. And that's just who I saw in concert at Long Beach on the 24th. Not only was the music impressive...it was infinitely better than their CDs...which are amazing in the first place. In other words, to fully appreciate this band, you must see them in concert. Maybe they'll even be touring with Meshuggah again...the band who's lead singer -for the last two songs- flailed around on stage in a tiny black thong. Just be sure that when you illegally pull into a small driveway and put on your hazard lights so you can go around the corner to the bank that when you leave you pull across the lanes of oncoming traffic instead of flying down the wrong lane for a good fifty yards.

And speaking of bands...Breakfast Epiphanies had their first real concert at Hogue Barmichaels last night. Sure we got shafted on the time we were supposed to play. And sure most everyone left by the time we played. But it was amazing. I'll never get over the incredible rush you get when you stand on stage and play with a band. And we're doing it again on the 8th of December. I'll post some pictures of this last show soon.

On to the airport shenanigans (wow that word is fun to write). I decided that I needed some food since a bagel and some cereal isn't enough nourishment for an entire day. Now keep in mind that all the activities I was participating in were at least twice as hard as usual because of the state of exhaustion I was in and still am in as I write. (that means if I make horrid grammar mistakes...I blame it on the drugs...er...I mean sleep deprivation) So I was sitting there dipping my greasy fries into my barbecue sauce when I upend the entire thing onto my lap. I grab for a napkin, but McDonalds doesn't like giving their customers napkins. They might love to see you smile, but they love it even more if that smile is accompanied by a big friggin red stain on your crotch. So I was ripping parts of the bag off to try and wipe some flavorful goodness off of my pants and people started to look over at me. I hurriedly grabbed my jacket, draped it over my crotch, and jogged to the bathroom. Luckily there was some guy with a baby sitting across from me who watched my bag. After I got back with a large wet spot on my pants this baby took a liking to me. Have I ever mentioned how much babies like me? I'm sure they're just thinking, "Gosh...that guy looks weird...let's go have a closer look shall we?" But this baby was no different. Every time the guy would put her down, she would speed crawl straight at me...stop...and stare right in my eyes. This happened about ten times. Then she tried to eat my cell phone.

Have I mentioned that I'm tired? Yeah? I should probably do something about that. You know...since I've slept all of 5 hours in the last three days. It gets to you, ya know? So I'm uh...gonna go to bed. If you don't mind. Oh, you do? Ok, I'll just stay awake another couple days. I'll be fine.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net