Friday, November 08, 2002

So the other night I was laying in bed bleeding, but I wasn't thinking about the blood, I was thinking about my left pinky toe that felt very broken. I was thinking to myself, "how did I end up in this place?" No, not that exact place --bleeding and feeling broken-- all that took was walking across a very crowded floor without my contacts on; I'm talking about that exact place in life. As in, what are the chances that I ended up in the place I am in today? All it would have taken to change it all would be some great grandparent doing one small action differently than they did...and just like that maybe I'm in New York, studying medicine, addicted to MDMA. Or maybe I don't exist at all. And for all I know, the fact that my foot feels broken might change the path I would have walked today which could change my entire life. What I eat for lunch could effect who I'm going to marry. What I score on my test today could effect how long I live. It's amazing that I don't lock myself in a little room and hide from the world.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net