Saturday, September 10, 2005




Now I know how it feels...

Brea is having it's annual jazz festival. That means that our restaurant is amazingly busy compared to the usual flow of pedestrian traffic. So we add 8 tables. All 8 tables can be split into 2 tables. This means the outside area is up to 16 tables large.

And I had that whole section.

I'm sorry, but 16 four-tops or 8 eight-tops is simply not feasible.

Five and a half hours later I was finally finished. Exhausted and sweaty and feeling half dead I left the restaurant and headed towards my truck. I park behind a Vons. A walked in front of a massive white truck on massive black wheels with a massive black grill and thought to myself..."oh, some punk guy in his huge white truck trying to compensate for...well, you know."

Then a girl leaned out the window and screamed something to the extent of, "Ooooooh, hotty body!"

I ignored the remark seeing as how it was probably aimed at somebody else.

The girl (girls actually) then yelled out, "Nice hair hotty body!" So I assumed that it was possibly aimed at me since I do have the slight faux-hawk thing going on and I was the only one around. I walked to my car and the massive white truck with the amazingly drunk girls pulled around and stopped in front of my truck and two girls leaned out the window and started yelling again. Something like, "Hotty body! Wooooo!" And then something inappropriate enough that I won't put it on my site.

I raised my hand in a waving gesture and said, "Hi there."

I didn't know what else to say.

They drove off and without knowing gave me my very first drive-by catcall experience. I've met so many girls who say they hate it and that it's degrading and all that jazz (no pun intended), but truthfully, I found it more flattering than anything. Ok ok, so they were drunk girls in a massive truck, but still...I'll take my flattery where I can get it.


No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net