Thursday, September 01, 2005



Oh Grow Up....No Wait...Don't


I go into work through a back door that's located in a alley. It's a dirty alley. Not the kind of place you'd really want to hang out.

Tonight I walked out the back door into the yellow glow of the overhead lights and there, in the corner, directly in front of me as I opened the door, were three people. A guy and two girls.

They were having sex.

Well, at least two of them were.

I opened the door to the guy yelling out, "Oh sh*t!" and trying to pull up his pants. One of the girls immediately turned red. I simply kept walking without giving them a second glance.

They had lookouts down the alley where I head to get to my car. Three guys with skateboards. They started laughing. I passed by and one of them said, "You totally saw that didn't you?" I simply nodded and kept walking. As I passed them, one of the guys yelled, "They were fu*king back there!" I responded with, "No worries" and kept walking.

Now...what other people do is of no concern to me. Except that they were all around 14 years old. At the oldest. One of them might have been 15. No joke.

When I was 15, I was wearing sweater-vests and had just gotten rid of my comb-over, braces, and glasses. I was going to school. I was going to friend's houses and watching movies and maybe going out to eat with my family. I wasn't having sex in back alleys.

I am deeply saddened over the complete loss of what it means to be a kid.


No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net