Thursday, February 07, 2002

RIGHT NOW I'M:
---listening to Gorillaz sing 19-2000
---feeling...um...I'll explain later

So I cleaned my room (which is desperately needed), I finished all the homework I can do for now, I got all caught up on editing the interterm movie, and I even ate...yet everything is still a complete mess. Sigh. But I've never really used this site as a place to put my personal problems and cheesy-angst filled-teenage crap, so why start now? I'll just rant and rave about the other stuff...like always.

As you may have noticed (or maybe not depending on how often you actually come to my site), I have not updated much lately. But this time I have really good reason! If you have read Aaron or Ed's blogs lately, you would know how busy I've been. I mean...after not going to bed till 4:00am multiple times in a row...and then spending every waking moment in class or editing is no good for the social life (ha...as if I had one in the first place). The other day I went into the editing room at 9:00am...and was there till 9:30....pm. Yup...12 1/2 hours straight confined to a small 10 foot space. In that period of time all I did was go across the small hallway to the place where the decks are so I could put another tape in. And I think that I snapped. Why was I in there so long? Oh...merely because the computer lost EVERYTHING I had done up until that point (who knows how many hours) therefore leaving me to do it all again. At some point when the computer was doing something (who knows what) and was making me wait, I started writing...here's what I came up with:

All I can hear is the incessant beeping
Of some far off
Malfunctioning
Machine
My head is now swimming
My eyes are now blurry
My thoughts are...
Kill me please
The weight of
Responsibility
Pushes heavily on my eyelids
And now the roof of my mouth
Is bleeding
And I'm not sure why
I find myself angrily
Flipping off
A machine
My brain desperately tries
To function
Merely to concoct new swear words
Worthy of the
Horror
This computer has caused me
Beep, beep, beep
I need to lay down
Beep, beep, beep
I can't...remember
Beep, beep, beep
I...need
Beep, beep, beep

Now you can picture me reading that slowly, wearing all black (like always...heh), with sunglasses, one spotlight, with some bongo music playing...I really need to find a beat club around here to get this stupid idea out of my head...I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO SNAP FOR MY POETRY...IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!? *snap snap snap snap snap snap* Thank you...thank you.

This is really odd...I've been wanting to update for a really long time because I felt that I had something to say...but now I see that I don't. I don't have any new poetry (that I'm willing to post), any new art, any cool or interesting stories (that I can share). Gosh...it sure sounds like my life is way too secrative huh? Well, if you really want to know...I'm willing to tell you anything...just not on my webpage...so ask and I could go on for hours...not that you'd want me too.

I just had someone bring me free pizza...isn't college great? Ok...so it's not...I lied.

I'm going now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net