Sunday, February 16, 2003

I am glad to report that I am now typing with vision just about as good as the rest of you...if not better. Everyone says that contacts give you 20/20 vision...but for some reason I doubt that. Alas, it is not quite as fun to type when not leaning in so far I could easily lick the monitor. Which I would not do. Unless it tasted like strawberries, because then I probably would. Especially if there was whipped cream. Speaking of strawberries and whipped cream, it seems we're about to go to war. (ha...betcha thought I was going to make a Valentine's reference there huh?) No, I don't think allot about war. Even when we're told to duct tape plastic sheets over our windows and cover ventilation shafts because "the threat of terrorist attack is more than likely." I know that this all has something to do with Iraq and I know that people say it also has to do with oil. Sadly I just don't know much about it, but that's how I'd like to keep it. That is until someone pointed out to me that if we go to war which is very possible, and this very possible war last longer than expected, the draft will be reinstituted. I, being the older than 18 year old that I am, get a little tense at that thought. Hmm...maybe you can't be drafted if you have the eyesight of an asparagus frond. On a happier note...it was recently Valentine's day. Yes, I realize that this could be a happier note or a much worse note. I know many who would rather be drafted than live through another day filled with Hallmark induced gift giving and so much red and pink you want to go color blind just to get rid of those colors. I spent last V-day walking around campus with an upside down heart pinned to my black shirt, which matched my black pants and black shoes. I was the oh-so-hip anti-valentine guy that everyone pointed at and said, "hey...cool." But not this year my friends. I gave in and spent this year's V-day at a posh hill topped restaurant, decked out in my one and only suit, eating filet mignon. And on another happy note...it doesn't hurt as much when I pee now. And on another note...not so sure if this is a happy note or just a creepy note...I truthfully can't tell if this is a parody or the real thing. If this is real...the world is a much funnier place right now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net