Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Today I went in to the wellness center to get a refill of my antibiotics. I walked in and the lady behind the counter yells out, "Here he comes with his skateboard." It seems the wellness center ladies have started taking a liking to me. I was overly polite last time and tried making small talk. I guess that's more than they get from most guys who barge in, mumble that they want some free cherry flavored condoms, and hurry out shoving said condoms into their pockets. So I'm now known as 'the kid with the skateboard.' I went into the office and sat there waiting for the doctor. My heart was beating a little too fast, and every time my eyes passed over the "BC Sharps Collector Bin" I would feel slightly queasy. I guess piles of needles don't make me very happy. The clock was ticking loudly, which was the only sound. I had plenty of time to read up on HIV, pap smears, vaginitis, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, and a myriad of birth control possibilities. Plus I learned how to do a 'male self check' to see if I have testicular cancer. The doctor finally came in, asked me what I wanted, I said pills, he said ok. Once more...it all seemed very illegal...very hush hush. He hands me a bottle and asks me if that is my woody. I said yes, picking up my skateboard. He then made some comment about people who have corvettes and if they say the same thing about people who have long boards. It seemed to be some kind of sexual innuendo that I failed to pick up on. The lady behind the counter said, "Yeah, they are a long, smooth ride." The doctor smiled at me knowingly and said, "Yeah...um...that's what they say," as if I would know that she didn't pick up on the sexual joke either. I walked out feeling slightly confused, and skateboarded home.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net