Sunday, December 16, 2001

RIGHT NOW I'M:
---listening to some sports show on TV that my dad is watching
---feeling way too many things to put into a single word

So I'm home...once again in this house that I lived in for over 18 years...once again under the rules and regulations of my parents...once more trying to figure out all the things that go along with being home. Ok, so most of the stuff I am trying to figure out follows me wherever I go...even 350 miles away from here in sunny Orange, California (no, not "Orange County"....Orange...like the fruit....only it's a city and you can't eat it). I am beginning to feel that time is the only thing that will give me absolute answers to all these "problems" and "issues." Heck, I know what I WANT to happen in every one of the situations...but what one wants and what one gets are often very different things (ACK!!! Did anyone else realize that the end of that sentence was written in MLA format? I used "one" instead of "you"...good Lord....it's a good thing I'm out of school for a while or I might permenantly start talking like that...."So, would one like to go to a movie?" *shudder*).

Right...so life gets more and more confusing every day. I thought that things would be less confusing when I got to college, but no...a whole new batch of interesting situations opens up. People change after highschool...they are tired of who they were and they get a fresh break, so they change everything and act wild, crazy, out of character, and I have this theory that all those changes are purely to confuse me. Everyone gets together and says, "Ok, so let's all interact with Grant in ways that he isn't expecting...just to see how he reacts!" Sounds like fun! No...wait...never mind. I think I will take all independant studies classes and become an RA so I get my own room and be known as "the hermit of Chapman University." People will tell stories about me, all of them wondering what drove me over the edge. Or I could be like that guy who walks around his college campus naked and is known as "the naked guy." That would sure be interesting.

Ok, movie review time....this is semi-recent in my life movie watchings: (Uh...did that make ANY sense? Didn't think so)
---Clockwork Orange: riiight...um....lots of sex and violence...and a pretty good message
---Vanilla Sky: very reminiscent of Mulholland Dr. Just plain weird and they treat the audience like idiots and explain everything
---Following: Same guy who made Memento...VERY cool...rent it
---Snow Falling on Cedars: Well, I missed allot of it (ahem), but what I saw was excellent
---Some other movie: Can't remember the title...they all spoke with Scottish accents...not bad

I really can't wait to see Waking Life, Fellowship of the Rings, Ocean's 11, Spiderman and Spy Game. Mmm. Mooooovies. Oh, and go see Donnie Darko (sorry, had to put it in there somewhere)...and if you hate it...you suck.

Random facts/thougts of the day:

---with the speed at which men shop...it should be made into an Olympic sport

---bongos annoy people...annoyed people are not friendly

---NOBODY UNDERSTANDS MY 4TH MOVIE!!!! *sob sob*

---I wish I was a dog...their only real concerns are whether or not they will be fed and petted

Ok, enough rambeling (sp?). I'm going to go and do something that I feel is productive, but in reality will most likely be very not productive. Or maybe I will sleep. I haven't had too much of that drug in a while. I really am addicted...but I have found that quitting cold turkey isn't that bad. You really don't miss it too much. Sure you feel funny and can't talk straight (wait...if you don't talk "straight" do you talk "crooked"?), and you find yourself in weird places and aren't sure how you got there (..."Wait...where am I?" **looks at wine bottle** "I don't....feel....drunk."), but hey...who needs it. Sleep is overrated. Sure Aaron would say that I am slacking off of my Soviet responsibility (if you have no clue what I am talking about...go to Aaron's page), but I suck at work anyway...so why not see if I can't get myself fired from this job we call sleep (wait...would getting fired mean dying? Never mind...maybe they'll just pay me less). Ok, I'm making no sense anymore, that is usually my clue as to when to stop talking. I might even contract the disease where you talk and people just walk away from you. Like Aaron. He will say something to contribute to a conversation, and the person will just look at him, turn, and walk away. It's only happened to me once, but I don't think I could take that kind of rejection too many times. I can't take any kind of rejection too many times. Ok...time to go now (for real...I was joking all the times before). I'll update later (if I feel like it....wait, what is "it" and why would I be feeling like "it"....creepy). Adios for now.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net