Thursday, March 14, 2002

I rarely have weird dreams. At least lately my dreams have consisted of mundane activities such as eating, going to class, and fending off my roommates as they try to beat me senseless with my bass guitar. But this is not always the case...last night was proof of that:


I was walking through a park and passing by a myriad of little kids playing normal park games with my two friends...who happened to be the two guys from Penny Arcade. I picked up a package of dehydrated oatmeal (isn't oatmeal already dehydrated?), which of course also happened to be explosive. We walked over to a more wooded area where a group had gathered to play a little baseball. Only this wasn't your normal game of baseball...it was more similar to a New York mob passing out punishment to someone who defied 'the family.' We were given baseball mits and told to be ready to catch. The 'batter' heald a machette and was ready to hack off a limb of the punishee and we were expected to try and catch the liberated body part. The guy next to me kept yelling, "Hey boss! What's the play?" The boss kept yelling back, "Just catch...that's ALL." The guy next to me didn't seem to understand the simple instructions so I tried to help by saying, "Hey...just catch the freaking limb...that's all." Soon enough I heard a *WHACK* and saw a severed finger (or something similar) sailing through the air in my general direction. Instinct kept me from wanting to catch a freshly severed apendage so I let one of my Penny Arcade friends catch it...bare handed. He freaked out after fielding the extremity, dropped it, and we all ran as fast as we could since of course we were being chased by some unseen monster. It was now nighttime and we found a cubicle and desk set up in the middle of the park...so we hid behind it...but only two of us could fit in the cubicle...so we left the other guy outside. I decided to pet the bunny rabbit that lived in the magical park cubicle, but it kept shedding on me so I stopped. Soon we heard the evil approaching and all quieted down. A shadow was cast upon the wall of the monster which looked oddly like a Ringwraithe from Lord of the Rings. It grabbed the guy we left outside and ate him. I hid behind the bunny...but the monster (who now looked more like Godzilla) grabbed me and the remaining living friend...one in each hand. It placed chains around my friend and started to do the same to me when I had a sudden epiphany...THE EXPLODING OATMEAL!!! I quickly pulled it out and heard my friend scream, "If you EVER use the oatmeal...do it NOW!!!" I tore into it with my teeth and hands and thought to myself, "I sure hope you don't have to add water." I finally got it open and saw...dehydrated oatmeal...nothing more. I threw it as hard as I could into the monster's mouth and he stopped suddenly, tilted his head to the side, and said, "Mmmmmm." I then cursed myself for not having more oatmeal on me because then maybe I could fill him up with oatmeal instead of letting him fill up on human bodies. Then Ed woke me up.


I wonder if this dream can be interpreted to tell all about my inner psyche and dreams, hopes, and desires. Or maybe it's just because I ate something I shouldn't have right before I went to sleep.


-

-

-

-

I feel sick

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net