Wednesday, March 20, 2002

way past midnight and I watch as the name disappears and a warm tear wells up in my eye and slowly makes its decent curving around my cheek, sliding along the side of my nose, till it touches the crease of my mouth and seeps through my lips. If tears are salty…why don’t they hurt your eyes like saltwater does? Unless it’s a different amount of salt…or maybe…never mind…pointless train of thought. Pointless frame of mind. Pointless attempt to…something.

the world is asleep at 1:00am

*Good points of the day:
--I found my pocket watch which has been lost for weeks
--I had no class
--I got to play my bongos…and even got a compliment or two
--I wasn’t insanely tired all day, like I normally am
*Bad points of the day:
--My watch is broken
--I didn’t have class so I procrastinated and did almost nothing
--I burst my blister on my finger playing bongos
--I’m not insanely tired and now it’s almost two in the morning

the world is asleep at 2:00am

The fire alarm, or some kind of alarm for the dorm across from mine starts blaring at 2:10am and goes for at least 5 minutes…so loud it must have woken everybody up within a mile radius. I wonder if someone was smoking inside. Or maybe a malicious insomniac decided that if they could not sleep…then nobody should sleep…and all that would take is a tug on the fire alarm. Or maybe there is a short in the wiring which would explain why this alarm has been going off consistently for the last couple days. Or maybe…hmm…another pointless train of thought. Another pointless frame of mind. Another pointless attempt to…who knows.

the world is asleep at 3:00am…and I am not

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net