Wednesday, June 26, 2002

I was just told that I had to update my page. So I guess I'll see how well I work under pressure.

First of all I would like to say that I am greatly disappointed at the result of my great contest idea. Nothing. Nada. Zero. That's how many e-mails I received as a result of it. I figure that this means one of two things: 1) Everyone believes in God, the Bible, and Christianity, or 2) Someone forgot to inform me that money no longer has any inherent value and playdough has taken over as the new currency. Other than that I can't think of any reason as to why nobody would challenge me to a battle of wits. And I am suddenly compelled to scream "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia; and only slightly less well known is this: Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"...only I'm not Sicilian, and nobody was brave enough to duel with me. (and I hope that you all know where that quote is from)

Every time I attempt to use the computer at night I am disrupted by little insects. You see, the room is completely dark except for the unusually bright screen of the computer. Little bugs see this and think...um, well they think whatever little bugs who like bright light think when they see a shining beacon amidst a dark sea of black. So I am merrily typing away when a small pest starts repeatedly beating itself against the screen as if trying to knock itself unconscious. So I squash it. This is why in the morning when my dad uses the computer he finds a large number of little greenish-brownish spots on the monitor.

And as if that wasn't off the topic enough for you, I can go further. I never realized this until a couple years ago, but my fingers are unusually flexible. I can bend them all back past the 90 degree point (to the back of my hand). This is, however, not too unusual. BUT, my pinky fingers are just like those little Chinese girls from Cirque Du Soleil who bend themselves into tiny little knots and make the whole audience squirm in their seats. I can bend them both back far enough to touch the back of my hand. I really wish I could show you all a picture of this, but alas...I can't. It's a great trick to show squeamish girls.

killed another bug

Speaking of my hands (HA...this time it's slightly on topic)...they hurt. Allot. I went to the driving range today since my dad has turned into some kind of golf maniac and he wanted a companion. After successfully making a fool of myself I realized I had 7 blisters on my right hand alone. I would have had just as many on my left, but I happened to have a golf glove. It is surprising how many things I cannot do that I once could do, all because of some fluid under my skin. And of course the next question you all have for me is...hey Grant, if I get a blister of my own, how can I treat it? Well I'm glad you asked:

--Use a sterilized needle or razor blade (to sterilize it, put the point or edge in a flame until it is red hot, or rinse it in alcohol).
--Wash the area thoroughly, then make a small hole and gently squeeze out the clear fluid.
--Apply a dab of hydrogen peroxide to help protect against infection.
--If the fluid is white or yellow, the blister is infected and needs medical attention.
--Do not remove the skin over a broken blister. The new skin underneath needs this protective cover.


Now you can all be safe when it comes to blisters.

killed another bug

Time to go. (I'm sorry for wasting your time)


p.s. killed another bug...only four tonight...inconceivable!

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net