Thursday, June 13, 2002

What is it that makes me who I am?

-an obesessive need to bite my lip or nails even when it leaves me bleeding. I am often doing something with my mouth...which makes me think that if I ever picked up smoking...I would be a chain smoker to the extreme

-a desire to people watch to try and understand others better. I love to examine other's mannerisms when they don't realize that anyone is looking their way

-the slight bobbing motion I make with my head when I talk as if to emphasize certain words. I can't use italics or underlining when I talk...so inadvertantly using my head seems like the next best thing

-the way I lean forward when I walk like I'm wearing a heavy backpack. or like I am going somewhere in a hurry even though I am not walking fast. I lead with my shoulders

-an obsessive need to crack my knuckles over and over. on my two hands alone I can get 22 pops. plus I crack my toes, knees, back, and neck. and much like the way I am often doing something with my mouth...I am always doing something with my hands. so even after no more cracking is possible...I will bend my fingers around in strange ways as if I will find a hidden joint to obtain a pop from.

-a desire to be rebellious in small ways that don't matter. stealing signs. stealing key cards. staying out 15 minutes longer than my parents want me out.

-an introverted nature. I like to listen. I like to hear other's conversations more than I like to be the conversationalist.

-a tendencey towards things artistic. making movies. drawing. painting. molding. dancing. singing. playing instruments. you get the idea.

-a desire to be loved. and who doesn't have this?

-a desire to be left alone. the yang to my yin of wanting constant companionship. sometimes I just want to be left alone.

-modesty to the extreme. I hate locker rooms

-faith in God is something that should be an integral part of everything I do. I'm workin' on it

But somehow I don't think that any of these things really describes who I am. Just as a personality trait can change...these things might be fleeting. I wonder if all these things...along with other habits, traits and flaws...would be enough for someone to recognize me. Or if there is some light in people's eyes...some life to their words...something else that brings recognition to the familiar.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net