Tuesday, July 16, 2002

I'm back. So you get to hear about my trip. Or at least the interesting parts. Or at least the parts that I found interesting. Or at least the parts that I found interesting that I also thought you would find interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
thoughts - actions - and events from my little road trip
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I hate traffic. And LA is one of the worst places for having it. All the traffic I endured reminded me of my earliest memory of traffic. I saw all these cars moving much slower than usual trying to go as fast as usual. It seemed perfectly logical that there would be no traffic if the really slow person at the front of the line would just let everyone pass. You see, I envisioned all these cars piled up behind one person slowing everyone else down. I'm not sure, but I think I thought this because of one of those informative Disney cartoons about driving. This cartoon talked about drunken driving, driving while tired, changing lanes without using your blinker, and most anything that causes accidents on the road. Why? I still can't figure it out because the people watching this cartoon were most likely a good five years (if not much more) from driving. But that's not the point. In this cartoon they talked about traffic. In the traffic segment, most likely as a visual gag, they showed that all the traffic was due to a woman driving while putting on makeup and swerving back and forth. What did this teach me? That women are bad drivers and traffic is an easily solved problem.

***as a side note, Disney has all kinds of great informative cartoons. Check out Education for Death to see some good ol' American propaganda.

*Right before golfing with my brother, he got a call from my dad. There was a death in our family and my dad wanted Chad to know right away. It seems that his 13-year-old, blind, deaf, overweight pug had died. This was his first dog (of 2), so he wanted to bury it somewhere special. But he's in LA. So the dog is in our freezer in a plastic bag until Chad can come home to give it a proper burial.

***as a side note, Chad golfed his best game ever after that call. and I birdied my first hold ever.

*It occurred to me while looking at the many fine entertainment facilities of LA that one particular business in general seems to be misnamed. The strip joint. No, I don't think that "strip joint" or "strip club" or "tittie bar" are misleading. What I find confusing is "gentleman's club." I kind of always thought that "gentleman" carried with it a sense of chivalry. Well, I guess that if ogling naked women is chivalry then I've been going at being a gentleman all the wrong ways.

*I saw The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys. I went to this movie with no knowledge of what it was about. For all I knew, it was about the recent Catholic Church scandal. But it wasn't. And I thought it was fantastic. The writing and acting were both extremely good. I would recommend seeing it. And I picked up The Royal Tenenbaums and Amelie on DVD. And if you have yet to see those. Go see them. Now. Stop reading this and go rent them this very minute. And if the movie store is closed...break in. Just don't tell the cops that I told you to do it.

*I met a guy named Tree.

*I was buying a shirt at French Connection (just because) and couldn't find the size I wanted. Small. Now this is a totally different subject, but it is the biggest pain having to find pants that fit my waist and shirts that fit right. But I won't go into that now. The particular shirt I wanted came in black or white. I asked the sales girl and she went into the back to check if they had any smalls. She came out carrying one of the black shirts. She handed it to me and said, "I like the black one. I think it will good on you." Um, since when do the sales people pick my clothes for me?

*I got some job hookups with a guy who just finished working on The Hulk, and is now in the middle of working on a new Kevin Spacey film. I'll be doing some camera work for some feature length Hollywood films if all goes well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
end of thoughts - actions - and events from my little road trip
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net