Tuesday, July 30, 2002

It's time for everyone to groan in disgust as Grant gives his opinion on (somewhat) recent movies he has seen or bought. Why should you listen to my opinion and see movies I say you should and shy away from movies I say are crap? Because...um...if you don't...you'll regret it. Seriously.

Austin Powers: Goldmember: I'm almost ashamed to say I saw this. Ok...no...I am ashamed to say I saw this. I was just never too big on the Austin Powers movies in the first place. But there I was with three friends who were bent on taking away my drive-in-movie-virginity. So I saw this at my very first drive in movie. And it sucked. You know that Barenaked Ladies song It's all been done before? Yeah. That's all I have to say.

Eight Legged Freaks: Ok...once more I am ashamed. I saw the previews and seriously thought this would be a funny Bruce Campbell type spoof movie on all the stupid giant spider movies out there. No. It was just another stupid giant spider movie. Go watch the trailer...because that was decent. But please don't spend money on this. Sigh...I had such high expectations.

Minority Report: If you like Speilburg films...go see it. It's much more decent than AI which just sucked. It was fun to watch. Nothing Academy Award worthy. But fun.

The Royal Tenenbaums: Yes, I know it's been out a while...but I bought the DVD. This movie is fantastic. It really should have won some more awards. I find it incredibly funny and fresh compared to all the bad movies lately.

Amelie: Yeah, that one came out a while back too...but I just bought the DVD. This movie just plain rocks. Jean Pierre Jeunet is an incredible director and you should all see City of Lost Children as well as Amelie. Great movie.

I'm sure there are more. But this is probably incredibly dull. Time for user interaction! What movies have you guys seen, and were they decent or not. Do tell.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net