Sunday, September 29, 2002

Someone is stealing my fetishes. Let me explain: I was walking through campus and running my fingers against the fence next to me, across chair backs as I passed them, around corners as I turned them, as I can often be seen doing. And right about the time when I realized that I often do this, the guy in front of my starts to do the same thing. Exactly the same thing. I wanted to tap him on the shoulder and tell him he wasn't allowed to do that anymore according to the Save-Grants-Fetishes-From-Being-Commonplace Foundation. Then again, you seem to share countless little quirks with me -which is amazing- so I can't complain about some guy partaking in one of my habits.

Plus I still get the perk of being the guy that people make assumptions about. Once more...let me explain: In my science class our teacher was talking about...um...something. But that's not what is important. What's important is his example of whatever he was teaching. He built up a Titanic-esque scenario where our class was on the boat and hit the iceberg and saw Jack let go of her hand and sink into the ocean and then needed lifeboats. But these lifeboats only hold 30 people. So this lifeboat ends up picking up one of the guys across the class from me because he could contribute something. Then it picked up some girl who sits over from me because people pitied her. And the teacher went on describing how this boat was picking up people from my class even though it was going over the maximum capacity. Then he looks at me and says, "Then we see Grant...and by now we have 40 people in the boat. And there's just a point where you have to draw the line and not pick anyone else up..." Yeah...my class abandoned me to the icy waters. But I know why he picked me...here is the dialogue that went on in his head: Let's see...I could pick him to be left...no, he would beat me up. I could pick her...no, she would probably sue for verbal harassment. How about...no...definitely not him. Then he saw me. Ahah! Perfect. I'll pick the quiet, kinda shy, slightly weird kid. You see, people see me and they assume lots of things. Not to say they aren't true. If you were to assume that my real name is Rupert and I've lived in Canada most of my life...you would be dead on. But if you were to assume that I am the most innocent kid ever (which I often get) you would be a little bit off.

And you would be really off if you assumed that I lead a normal life. Oh my friend...you have no idea. Example time: Remember our friend Eggplant man? Well, he encountered an untimely accident. To make a long story short, he was being dangled out of a fourth story window until he plummeted to his death and was hit by a car. Then he was placed in my scanner. There was eggplant juice everywhere.

And last but not least, you might have noticed a lack of "poetry" and "art" links. That's because I, in my never ending quest to tame the shrew that is procrastination, created the ever so hip, ever so cool, ever so sexually innuendoish G-spot. (it stands for "grant" i swear) Go over there and click and watch as your computer tries to handle the incredibly large, not very cool animations I have created. Don't worry, the poems are still there. Plus some new art.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net