Friday, September 13, 2002

Today was my turn to give the spoken word in front of my sociology class. After quotes from people like Angelina Jolie, I felt that someone needed to give some real advice. That person might as well have been me. So I got in front of class and read off one of my favorite quotes of all time:

Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.

To love is to be vulnerable.


C.S. Lewis

It was much harder to read that quote than I expected.

::

Tonight we were trying to find a parking place for Brett (who doesn't go to this school and therefore has no permit). The only parking place we could find was in a permit only section. We couldn't figure out what to do till Aaron came up with a plan. We ganked a parking ticket from a car parked across the street and put it on Brett's windshield. Therefore, if a cop sees his car and sees a lack of permit, he will see a ticket already on the hood. That means no ticket for Brett. This is incredibly ingenious in my opinion. And as far as I know, not exactly illegal.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net