Tuesday, September 02, 2003

It's been just over one week of school and I'm already ready for summer again. Ooooh...sounds like a song lyric...."I'm already ready for summer again." The first week I was told I would have to read 13 novels....for one single class, I would have to listen to an idiot treat me like a little kid, I would have to watch multiple hour long and horribly boring silent films, and I would be watching at least 4 movies a week....for school.

Plus I have this teacher who tries to sound smart for some reason, maybe to try and impress us college kids. Why is it that, with our culture, the smarter people get, the more secluded they get? I don't think I said that right. The smarter people get, the less they can communicate (or choose to communicate) with everyone less smart than themselves. I always kinda thought that when someone got smart, it would be a good idea to spread that knowledge to others....not segregate yourself from the "lesser" individuals. Plus, in trying to sound smart, he made some really stupid comments. Such as:

"Punctuality, timeliness, promptness, or any of those lovely.....adjectives.....are very important."
**since when are those adjectives?

Oh, and he threw this gem of a sentence at us:

"And at the risk of sounding pedantic, the less interpersonal communication at this juncture would be appropriate."

Why didn't he just say, "Hey...don't talk." Why? Because he has to try and sound superior to us lowly college kids. I have another teacher who talks to us like we are his equals...but still keeps his authority. Today, after making a mistake in handing out papers, he said, "Well guys, since I fucked up, we're going to have to change the schedule a little." Now, whether or not you personally swear, I guarantee you that this lets the kids know that they can approach him and say whatever is on their mind.

We need less...well, in the first guy's own words describing himself...."pretentious prick"s in this world.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net