Sunday, April 18, 2004


Lonely Ramblings of a Solitude Junky

My ear started bleeding earlier today. I scratched just inside the pinna and hit a bug bite or something and as I removed my finger and glanced in its general direction....I saw blood. Oh how I love bleeding...especially in areas which I cannot physically see. So I stopped the bleeding and hopped into my car. (Yes...it is possible to "hop" into my car if the top is down, but seeing as how the steering wheel is the size of a bus' steering wheel it's more than likely you will hit some body part on it which makes landing and looking cool kinda difficult)

I have a confession to make. The place I was going in my car....was.....the movie theatre. Yes, yes...I was alone. This is the second time I have been to a movie by myself. I walked up to stand in the long line for Kill Bill Vol. 2 and put in my iPod earphones. I cranked Wish by The Cure and started observing. It's amazing how putting headphones in your ears makes you feel invisible. Kinda like how people in cars will openly pick their noses, sniff their armpits, or do other activities that are deemed "not suitable for public" because you feel safe and alone in your car...surrounded by very see-through windows. So there I was, watching the couples, groups, awkward first dates (to Kill Bill?), and families with very small children (seeing Kill Bill?) Not one other lone person was heading into the theatre. I had this image of me and one other lone person seeing each other from across the room and instantly becoming friends, like the two nerds who always get picked on in middle school who bond together to form The Impenetrable Force of the Two Nerds. No such luck. I sat down in the perfect seat (it's so easy to find one seat, much unlike how difficult it is to find five good seats next to each other) and kept listening to my headphones. Funny how everyone assumed I had someone coming to join me and therefore left 2 seats on either side of me even though 5 rows down and 5 rows up from me there was not one empty seat.

On the way home I found myself with nobody to converse with about the film...so I cranked the techno that KROQ was playing (even though it's "LA's ONLY new rock!" and not "LA's ONLY new techno!") And now the clock reads 1:37am. I have to get up at 7:00am. At the moment I am not even phased by this information, though I will most likely be uttering swear words at myself under my breath and pretending not to hear them to complete the effect.

Oh yeah...the movie was good too.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net