Friday, April 02, 2004

.
errrr....

And I'm tired. Like really really tired. Like really really really tired.

And something reminded me of a story. You know how you sometimes get into situations where you lose all control and become totally helpless and scared and in desperate need of help? When I was younger, let's say 12, I was in school. In school I had PE. In PE we had to change into these little blue cotton shorts with a "gold" insignia of a lion head that was actually just yellow. Our shirts were yellow with a blue insignia of a cross and a lion or blue with a yellow insignia. We had one big room where everyone changed...not even a locker room because our school was actually just the extra rooms of a huge church. Now don't get me wrong, it was a real school, just a real school with not much money. I, being the exhibitionist that I am, did not like to change in front of all the rest of the kids. This led me to the bathroom at the oh so coincidental time right before we would change. I would change in the stall and then run out to the field which was further from the bathroom than it was from the "changing room" so I had to change extra quick. One day I was in the stall and was a little behind so I decided to skip a step and not untie my shoes, change, and retie my shoes. So I pulled my early 90's tapered legged jeans over my shoes and got to the bottom and then they were stuck. I pulled harder and they were still stuck. I pulled even harder and they were even more stuck than before. I sighed and tried to pull them back up to untie my shoes and just accept the fact that I would be late. This is where my heart started beating faster. They were stuck so far onto my shoes that they would not come back up just as much as they would not come off. Suddenly all I could think of was how my whole class would find me sitting in the bathroom stall with my pants stuck around my ankles and my tighty whities not seeming like enough coverage and then someone having to cut my pants off of me. I panicked. I started jerking at the legs harder, any way I could, faster and faster. I HAD to get them off. Tears started building in my eyes and I just didn't know what to do. I was sitting there on the ground with a feeling of complete and utter helplessness abounding inside of me and I was crying. This is JUST how a 12-year-old boy wants to be in the middle of the school day. I somehow ended up getting at my shoelaces and then finally prying off my shoes and changing and getting to PE late. I had to run laps for my tardiness. From then on I took my shoes off before changing.
.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net