Saturday, April 27, 2002

As the video droned on about murder and tradition, something scutteling across the floor caught my eye. The room was dark, making it difficult to find what exactly I had seen. Then it moved again...the biggest frickin cockroach I have ever seen. His brother, the second biggest fricking cockroach I have ever seen, wreaked havoc in our class the week before...till the teacher trapped him under the garbage can. So this mutant-sized cockroach was running around on the floor...and then noticed me. And I can only imagine what was going on in his mind. "Hmm...he looks nice...I think I'll pay him a visit." So our massive cockroach friend, who we will call 'Roachy' since I am tired of comming up with a descriptive word meaning 'large' to put before 'cockroach' every time, ran full speed towards me. It stopped three feet from me and stared. Well, I can only guess it was staring since I don't even know where a roaches eyes are...but I could tell it was giving me the eye. Not wanting to worry about Roachy, I stomped to scare it away. Now maybe I need to brush up on my cockroach information...but I thought that loud noises scared most insects away. This only caused Roachy to run even faster directly at my foot. I, being the big, tough man that I am, excused myself to go to the bathroom as Roachy was running around on the wall right behind my chair. I came back...hoping to see Roachy far, far away...maybe bugging that quiet girl in the corner of the room. Alas, as the lights were turned on, my little friend was right there behind my desk on the wall. I said something along the lines of, "Um, there's a cockroach on the wall." The teacher decided to try and kill it...by swatting it with a single sheet of paper. Yes...I'm sure that the hard exoskeleton body will be crushed under the incredible force of the paper. This only caused Roachy to run very fast, in turn causing my english teacher to let out a blood curdling scream. Then Roachy saw my sachel-like backpack and thought, "I like dark places...there is a dark place, I will go!" So there I was, not learning about english, but instead wondering how I was going to get Roachzilla out of my bag. The thought crossed my mind that maybe I wouldn't have to...maybe we could be friends. I could make him a little leash and he could go to all my classes with me. Then the lack-of-sleep-induced-hallucination wore off and I wanted Roachy dead. I knocked my bag over, luckily not crushing Roachy, but causing him to run across the room...educing screams from every person as it passed under their feet. Then some guy stepped on Roachy, thus ending the excitement.

In other news...I think I have another computer virus. Last night everything kept freezing and every time I tried opening a program it would take a good five minutes to do so. I hit the restart button...since that is the equivalent of kicking something mechanical when it doesn't work. I turned my head for one second to find a paper, looked back, and my monitor was blank except for one line of white text, "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND." After stringing together all the swear words I could think of, hitting the keyboard with my fist, and crying like a little baby...ok ok, so I didn't cry...I restarted my computer one more time. It started like normal, I felt stupid for getting so worked up, and I went to bed.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net