Monday, April 22, 2002

She shows up with three bags in her hands saying, "I've brought provisions" as she starts unpacking 30-minute beta tapes. After I count 28 and raise my recently dropped jaw I ask if we are using all the tapes for the project. "Oh," she says, sounding almost amused, "of course not...we're only using 20 of them...the other 8 are just for found footage." Phew...that's a load off my mind...I thought this was going to be allot of work. I mean, this is childsplay, merely 70 HOURS OF FOOTAGE to scour for decent shots of 130 teachers doing something other than scolding, slacking, or being completely boring. And merely two and a half days to do it. Needless to say, I didn't finish it all. But hey, good times were still to be found in this weekend of no sleep and too much stress. I was handed a master key to our school. Yes, a master key. I could open any and every door in the entire building. Obviously I went around opening random doors at will, purely because I could. That key afforded me some very memorable times. Also, despite my extreme lack of free time, I was able to see Sarah a good amount. That was greatly needed and much appreciated. Though I must say that I hate goodbyes more than I hate most anything. Sarah drove me to the airport on Sunday, and I think we both agree that saying goodbye just plain sucks. Especially when I won't be back for another four weeks. But I'll have to make due.

Hey boys and girls...it's time for "Grant's Airport Adventures!!!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***I noticed one of the only empty seats by my terminal was by some man who was talking to himself. "Oh well" I thought, "this might be interesting." I realized, to my disapointment, that he was actually talking into a little headset that was plugged into his cell phone. But listening closer got me a little confused. "Office. Awwwffice. Awfiiiiice. Awwwffiiiice. Office. Damn. OFFICE! AWWWFFICE!!!" He was either trying to program the voice activated calling, trying to use the voice activated calling, or has created a new language that uses one word and different inflections to convey different meanings.

***"Sir...please step this way," I heard the man in the blue suit say. I followed him and he took my bag, ticket, and ID. "Raise your arms please" he mumbled as he waved his metal detector over me until completely satisfied that I am not the next air-terrorist. "Please have a seat and take off your shoes." Sigh~if some guy put a bomb in his shoes a while back, and failed...what are the chances of it happening again in the exact same way?!? Pretty friggin slim. The next guy will hide the bomb in some orifice in his body, and before you know it those random searches will be full body strip searches in the back room...with a 400 lb. man.

***I walked through the metal detector and the security lady standing beside it nearly screams, "WHAT IS THAT?!?" as she pointed at my crotch. I looked down, looked back up, and calmly said, "It's a pocket watch." She seemed a little more calm and let me through. But she kept her eye on me.

***I'm really stupid...I parked my car in short term parking instead of long term...thereby costing me $17 a night...for four nights. There goes nearly half of what I earned for this suicide mission of an editing job I was assigned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think if I ever get a snake...I'm going to name it Mr. Wiggly.

No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net